Series vs Parallel Resistance Measurement:
Get two resistors and mount them in a breadboard/protoboard.
Check the resistance of each using the Ohm setting on the multimeter.
Resistance Activity Questions:
- What is the resistance of R1? ___________ of R2? ___________
- What is the resistance when they are placed in series? (in a row)
- What is thetheoretical total resistance? (Rt = R1 + R2)
- Measure the resistance when they are placed parallel (side by sde):
- Calculate what the parallel resisance should be 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + ..
- Does the difference between the calculated and measured values fall within the tolerance? Explain