1) Answer the following:
- What are the gold and silver bands on a resistor for?
- What do bands 1, 2 and 3 mean on a resistor?
- Show the two types of schematic pictures for a resistor (USA vs European).
2) Using a resistor color chart calculate the value of the following resistors:
- Orange Orange Brown Gold.
- Yellow Violet Brown, Gold.
- Brown Balck Red, Gold.
- Brown Black Orange, Gold.
- Brown Black Yellow, Gold.
- Brown Black Green, Gold
3) What are the color bands on the following value resistors with a 5% tolerance? (remember “K” means Kilo or thousands of ohms while “R” simply means the number of ohms)